Social Icons

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Love Through Pain, by Ancelli

It's only the second full week of 2014 and I've managed to find the book that's (for me at least) setting the bar for all of the other romance novels that I plan to read
this year. Love Through Pain is a story of pain, the strength to survive, acceptance, trials, and last but not least - love. Readers should be warned, this is a story about a rape, which takes place at the beginning of the book. While it isn't drawn out, we do see glimpses of the rape through the victim's eyes. To say this had a strong impact on me as a reader is an understatement. I felt brutalized along with her and yes dear reader, it put tears in my eyes as well. But the depiction of the rape wasn't just for shock value nor was it gratuitous. It was necessary to the plot and the rape story itself set the events of the story into motion.

The character's are Jazmine and Javier (Javy). Jazmine O'Neal is the heroine of the story and the rape victim. She is found by Naval officer Javier Martinez who takes her to get the help that she needs. Although she's just been victimized, his kindness and strength reaches her on some level and she feels safe in his presence. Javier is our hero, and a hero he is! Here is a man that any woman could love. He's a protector, a lover and when needed a fighter. He doesn't back down from what he wants or what he thinks is right. He loves his family and develops a love for Jazmine that fairly leaps off the page.

I'm typically long-winded in my reviews, but I'm not going to do that with Love Through Pain. What I'll tell you is this - Love Through Pain is a love story in which two people who have been devastated by separate events in their lives meet and fall in love. No magic insta-love. No wondering how, when or why they love each other. There are no drawn out "Just tell him/her already!" moments or manufactured conflicts that make no sense and insult you as a reader. The characters don't make ridiculous decisions that make you want to slap them through the pages of your e-reader. That said, the characters aren't perfect, but when some mistakes and bad decisions are made you understand and sympathize.

This book was a journey that left me satisfied when it was finished. In turns it made me cry, it made me laugh, and it made me angry. What it didn't do was bore me. The writing was solid and the characters just came off the page and became real for me. These were everyday people and I grew to love them. But don't take my word for it. I encourage you to read this book. I give Love Through Pain five enthusiastic stars!

Rating: 5 stars!
Published: Dec. 21, 2013
Pages: 270
Get your Copy at:
Amazon or Barnes & Nobles

No comments:

Post a Comment