Social Icons

Saturday, February 22, 2014

Infinity Unleashed (Valkyries: Soaring Raven #2) by Sedona Venez


If you've read my review of Infinity (Valkyries: Soaring Raven #1) you're probably surprised that I rated this one so

highly. After reading Infinity Unleashed, I was pleasantly surprised as well. This book picks up where the first one left off. Infinity's been kidnapped by her "brother" Mason and she's learning that her life isn't as normal, or human, as she thought. Additionally, she's also discovering that everyone she's cared about in life has lied or wants something from her, and that she's been manipulated since birth. These discoveries are all taking place while Infinity is stuck in "hostile" territory where everyone hates her but the man who claims to love her.

There's still a lot of back-story that's being introduced, and destinies that are being unraveled, but it's told in a way that is interesting and pulls you in as a reader. This time around Infinity was a much more tolerable character as the events from the last book have sobered her up and made her take things more seriously. My personal highlight continues to be Boulder who is steadfast in his determination to get his true destined mate back. Even though that means facing his own destiny.

I'm still waiting for Infinity to break out in some serious badassery, and unfortunately the story ends (once again) on a cliffhanger. My only wish is that when the third book releases it show us the side of Infinity that everyone seems to fear. I'm feeling hopeful after reading Infinity Unleashed and honestly I didn't want it to end. I'm not a fan of the cliffhanger, but if this story continues to get better and better with each release I'm willing to forgive.

I'm giving this one 3.5 stars. It is definitely worth reading, but since it picks up where the first book ended you might want to check Infinity first to fully understand what's going on. That said, Infinity Unleashed was definitely a step in the right direction and I'm anxiously awaiting the next in the series.


*I was given a copy of this book in exchange for a fair and honest review*



Rating 3.5 out of 5
Pages 254
Publication Date: Nov. 28, 2013
Buy the Book:Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment