Social Icons

Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Review Quickie: Them Fairgood Boys by Theodora Taylor


Rating: 4-star 
BW/WM


This is a two-book set featuring His for Keeps and His Forbidden Bride. Them Fairgood Boys is classic Theodora Taylor featuring drama, hot love scenes, surprises, and then a lot more drama! In both books, fans of Taylor will appreciate the ups and downs the characters take during their journey toward true love and HEA.


Of the two books, I enjoyed His Forbidden Bride the best. I thought it was well written and I honestly didn't see the identity of the amnesiac hero coming. Total surprise! Although I'm not sure things would have turned out the way they did if this took place in reality (or how I would feel about it), I gobbled this book up and enjoyed it for the fiction that it is.

His for Keeps was an "ok" read for me (Note: although I'm reviewing this one second, it's actually the first book). The conflicts and reactions all seemed a little manufactured and over-the-top, but then over-the-top drama is this author's style. Still, this wasn't my favorite or least favorite book by Taylor, and if you're a fan, it's worth reading to better understand events in His Forbidden Bride (and her upcoming book His to Own).

I give Them Fairgood Boys an overall 4-star rating based on 3 stars for His for Keeps and 5 stars for His Forbidden Bride.

Note: Them Fairgood Boys includes an excerpt to Ms. Taylor's soon to be released book His to Own

No comments:

Post a Comment