Social Icons

Monday, February 5, 2018

The Wedding Date by Jasmine Guillory


Contemporary Romance BW/WM
Pages: 320
Published: Jan. 30, 2018
Rating: 4 out of 5

Girl meets boy when they're stuck in an elevator in a San Francisco hotel with only wine, cheese, and conversation about how they got there. Alexa's meeting her sister who's staying in the hotel and Drew's in town for the dreaded wedding of a former lover and one of his good friends. Before you know it (and definitely too soon!) the power's back on and they're headed their separate ways... BUT, she's somehow agreed to stand in as The Wedding Date that he needs for the upcoming nuptials! If this sounds like a cute start to good book then you're absolutely right! In fact, it isn't just a cute beginning, it's also a very cute story that's enjoyable and easy to read.


The Good
I loved the fact that both Alexa and Drew had solid careers and that it actually felt like they were getting to know each other. The introduction of the characters felt fresh and, like I said, it was too cute. What a great way to meet your significant someone! The attraction felt real from the beginning to the end and I was cheering for them to get their HEA.

The Bad
The conflicts weren't the most original in my opinion. Alexa's a professional woman who could have approached her concerns in a more adult way. I'm pretty sure Drew's reluctance to have a serious relationship was enough of a conflict without the childish tantrums on her part. I also didn't care for the way that she constantly compared herself to other women in Drew's life, from skin and hair color to body shape. C'mon now! That man was attracted to everything about her!

My Final Word
I believe this is a debut novel by author Jasmine Guillory and I have to say I plan to check out future works that she offers. I recommend The Wedding Date if you're into sweet meets and lingering passion for that one person you can't seem to get out of your head. Unfortunately, if second-guessing heroines with poor self-esteem test your last nerve you might find yourself a bit irritated with the heroine here. Still, I do recommend this and give it a 4 out of 5 rating for being an overall pleasant read.

No comments:

Post a Comment