Social Icons

Saturday, October 5, 2013

Quick Review: Eternally I Do by Shiree McCarver

What I liked: Japanese vampires? I loved it! This is something that you don't see everyday (or every other day for that matter!) in
paranormal romance. I give the author two enthusiastic thumbs up for stepping outside of the box.

What I didn't like: I just couldn't get past Bonnie's reactions to Hide and what was happening to and around her. I can't imagine anyone would react so calmly or be so accepting of the events that take place (sorry I don't want to give away spoilers, but you can probably figure it out on your own). Ummm. No. At least the acceptance wouldn't come right away. I don't care how sexy the man is. This is what held the book back for me.

My Final Thoughts: Based on other reviews I was worried about how Bonnie was going to come across. A lot of folks felt she was too "ghetto." I personally didn't get the "ghetto" vibe from her. So she had a potty mouth, but that doesn't and didn't make her ghetto. I think that label is applied to black women just a little to easy anyway, but back to the book... I would definitely read more if the author plans to make this a series. My only request is a dash more realism when it comes to how humans react to both the vampires and the consequences of being with one. Before this I had never read one of Ms. McCarver books before. Overall I'm glad that I gave her a chance and because she isn't cookie cutter I'll be reading more of her books in the future.

Rating: 3-1/2 Stars
Pages: 302
Buy the book @:


No comments:

Post a Comment