Social Icons

Friday, December 6, 2013

His Love by M.O. Kenyan

His Love is the story of a wealthy, handsome man name Antonio Burke who has a heart of ice when it comes to his young daughter. As noted in the books blurb, his wife died in childbirth and he can't forget or forgive that. He's hired a
nanny in Rayne Matthews. Rayne is young woman who has
lost everything and everyone and she needs this job and the
fresh start that it can give her.

I despised the character of Antonio so terribly. I loathed him. He was a horrible, selfish individual. Honestly I don't see how any woman could have fell in love with this man. Really. I don't see how Rayne fell in love with this jerk. It wasn't explained. The way he treats his daughter is detestable and I think cruel. The relationship between the two characters moves along at the speed of light. They (Antonio and Rayne) bicker a couple of times and the next thing you know they're going at it. Ummm....what?? Did I miss something? Before you know it (within a week) he's confessing his love. And here lies the problem. This book jumps. It takes mighty leaps and bounds over what should have been pages of story. Things happen, like their love for one another, that make no sense. Where did these feelings come from? How the heck is she in love with this guy? Why is he suddenly in love with her? His family is just as confusing.


The Bottom Line: When I started this book I was so disgusted by this jerk that I thought there would be some great storytelling to redeem his butt somehow. I wasn't sure how she was going to pull it off, so I was very interested to see the story play itself out. Unfortunately that never happened and I was disappointed. This book was far too rushed in my opinion. There really isn't much more to say. His Love had the potential to be a good story, but I felt like a lot of it was on fast-forward. There was just too much missing. I hate to give this book such a low rating but it lacked in so many ways.


*A review copy of this book was given to me by the author in exchange for a fair and honest review *

Rating: 1-1/2 stars
Date Published: Nov. 13, 2013
Pages: 88
Word Count: 27,303 (approx)
Publisher: Breathless Press
Available for purchase at:
 , Barnes & Nobles, AllRomance, and Smashwords

No comments:

Post a Comment