Social Icons

Monday, February 3, 2014

The Playboy's Fugitive Bride by Ana E. Ross

I'm beginning to think that Ana E. Ross is an evil genius. Why? There's no other explanation as to why I'm so hooked on the Billionaire Bride's Club series (well, I guess it could
have something to do with her writing skills...). I can't explain it, but I love The Playboy's Fugitive Bride. I was hooked from the first word to the last. Reading the story of Massimo (I adore that name! MEOW!!!) Andretti and Nia Sylk was an enjoyable experience. In fact, it is a book that I'm certain that I'll read more than once and yet enjoy it just as much.

The Quick and Dirty: Nia Sylk is a desperate woman and it's all Massimo's fault. His failure to keep his word caused her father to lose the family business and legacy, borrow from a loan shark and it eventually led to his death. When her father died she kidnapped her brother from foster care, they assumed new identities, and went on the run so that they would not be separated. Years later, her brother is a senior in high school with a promising future and she is a teacher. Their world is disrupted, however, when a loan shark finds Nia and threatens her brother's life if she fails to pay him back for the money that her father borrowed. And he expects payment with interest. Nia concludes that all of her troubles are the fault of Massimo and she hatches a crazy scheme to sell him her virginity. Except, she has no plans of telling him who she really is or keeping her word and following through with the deal. She talks him into giving her time to get to know him and into giving her half the money before they have sex. So right about here you're thinking, "Massimo can have any woman he wants, virgin or not. Why is he paying her?" Bingo! Massimo ain't no fool. He knows something's up with this hair-brained offer, he's just curious as to what it is and what she wants. And Massimo has a bit of agenda himself. He needs to marry before he turns 34 or risk losing the family business to a half brother he never knew. And so the game playing, and eventually love, begins...

The Good: This book is so much fun. Yes, it was a silly idea to sell her virginity and then try to scam her way out of it especially when dealing with someone as rich as Massimo. But Nia wasn't a dummy. She realized her plan was a mistake right away, but she was desperate and she'd dug herself a hole. Once she engaged Massimo she couldn't back out and put her brother at risk. I also loved the cat and mouse nature of the story. Massimo was always (for the most part) one step ahead of Nia, and boy was he a schemer! The sex scenes don't take place until the latter half of the book, but there's no lack of steam. When Massimo and Nia finally get together... hot!

The Bad: Nothing is perfect, and neither is The Playboy's Fugitive Bride. It's a minor complaint considering how much I enjoyed the book overall, but I hate the way that Nia reacts when she finds out why Massimo married her. Ummm, listen chick, you've been lying from jump so cut my Massimo some slack!

My Final Say: The Playboy's Fugitive Bride is my guilty pleasure and I'm not ashamed to say it. It's fun and sexy and entertaining as heck and that's enough for me. Ana E. Ross knows how to write a story that does what it's supposed to do... make you lose yourself between the (virtual) pages and enjoy yourself in the process. I give this five fun reading stars and can't wait for the next installment.

Rating: 5 Stars
Publication Date: January 4, 2014
Number of Pages: 411
Buy the book @: Amazon


2 comments: